Wednesday, October 1, 2014

HOW TO MAKE THE PERFECT PINEAPPLE-CILANTRO DETOX GREEN JUICE!


It's just a green juice, how difficult can it be?!  Just throw some greens and an apple through the juice shoot, right??  I believe there is a science to making a green juice go from good to amazing.  There are SO many variations on the green juice and it can be a bit overwhelming to know where to start.  Whether you are new to juicing or a pro, this juice recipe will make you wake up in the morning craving your greens!

This recipe is for my juice that I have the biggest crush on at the moment: The Pineapple-Cilantro Detox.  Cilantro in a green juice you might ask?  YES, and you won't even taste it!  Cilantro is a superb detoxifier and is notorious for pulling out toxins and heavy metals such as mercury out of the bloodstream.  In fact, when I started juicing everyday there was a period of about two months where I had a horrible metallic taste in my mouth.  I attribute it to all of the heavy metals coming out of the woodwork.  Herbs are incredibly powerful.  Pineapple is a wonderful anti-inflammatory and paired with the greens and cilantro you are well on your way to health!




RECIPE: (makes 2 juices plus a little to taste:)

1 Bunch of Swiss Chard torn into smaller pieces
2 Romaine Hearts
1/2 of 1 Heart of Celery
2 Cucumbers with skin cut into about 16 pieces
Heaping cup of cut Pineapple (skin removed)
1/4 cup Cilantro
1/2 peeled lime


As you can see I like to separate my ingredients into 3 separate bowls: One for greens, one for celery/cucumber and one for pineapple/cilantro/lime.  As a side, I use the Green Star Elite Juicer and I LOVE it!  It is pricey but SO worth it.  Trust me, there is a huge difference in taste when it comes to the upper echelon of the juicer world.  

Now, it's really just about alternating your ingredients rather than juicing one at a time and moving one.  This is the flow I generally gravitate to: One or two pieces of cucumber, one or two pieces of celery, 2 pieces of Romaine, 2 Pieces of Swiss Chard, 2 cubes of Pineapple, a little cilantro and keep repeating!  (About halfway through I will add the lime.)  When I'm finished I will take a spoon and thoroughly mix and taste.  If I feel it needs more sweetness I will pour some in the bottles I plan on using and then juice a bit more pineapple into my measuring cup.  I will then pour the remainder of the juice into my bottles.




These are the beauties you end up with!  I love using mason jars and my Lifefactory bottles for my juices.  I realize some people don't adore green juice the way I do, but when you drink them out of beautifully constructed bottles, somehow the juice becomes more appealing.  I truly hope you try this recipe.  It is extremely refreshing and hydrating that it won't even occur to you it's healthy.  TRY IT!   Cheers to your health. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

___________________________________________________________________________________________________